Suggest procedure to take Cytotec Searle

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2013
Mar 2013
Question
I am 5 weeks pregnant I have 200mcg cytotec searle, I can't see a doctor it's illegal in my country. I want to know how are the pills used? Can it be used only orally? I am not sure if I am not a virgin because when it happened it didn't really go all the way in, that's why I don't want to put anything inside my vigaina
Posted Mon, 11 Aug 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR, PROCEDURE EXPLAINED

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
If you are pregnant, you are not a virgin !
Now, it is life threatening to try and abort the pregnancy on your own.
It is essential to have the pregnancy confirmed by a gynecologist .
It must be exactly dated too.
Next, medical abortion pills are to be taken as per prescription and correct schedule that your doctor explains to you.
I can explain the general protocol to you, but again, taking them without consulting a doctor is not just illegal, but potentially life threatening.
Generally, 1 tablet of Mifepristone is taken orally.
24 hours later, 2 tablets of 200 mcg Cytotec are taken orally or vaginally followed by 2 more such tablets another 24 hours later.
After this procedure, bleeding and cramping might start within 24 - 48 hours, and continue for upto 2 - 3 weeks.
It is also vital to have a follow up ultrasound scan to check that the abortion pills worked and the uterus is empty, after 15 days of taking the tablets.
Failing to take these precautions , there are risks such as - infection, uncontrolled bleeding, retained products, undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy etc.
And if these steps are followed, the pills work in more than 95 % of cases.
All the best
Please feel free to discuss further.

Follow-up: Suggest procedure to take Cytotec Searle 6 hours later
Do you mean that I need to types of tablets? I can't use the cytotec alone?

Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
PLEASE SEE A DOCTOR

Detailed Answer:
I mean that you need to consult a gynaecologist and cannot do this on your own.