Suggest precautions to be taken to avoid pregnancy post unprotected sex
Consult your doctor and get IUD inserted TODAY itself.
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
I am Dr Ramadevi Wani. I will be answering your concerns today.
I appreciate your anxiety. There is a 20% chance that you may conceive because of that unprotected sex.
There are two types of treatments available to avoid pregnancy after unprotected sex.
1. Progesterone/ Ulipristal pills. But these need to be used within 5 days of unprotected sex. So these are of no use in your case.
2. Intrauterine copper Devise (IUD): It can be inserted up to 5 days after ovulation to prevent pregnancy. So consult your doctor and get this IUD inserted TODAY itself. It is more than 99% effective in preventing pregnancy and can be continued as a reliable contraceptive method.
I hope this helps.
If you have any further queries, do write to me. I will be happy to answer.
No test can be done at this moment to find out if the egg has fertilised
As I already mentioned, it is late to use the medications (pills).
There is no test that can be done at this moment to find out if the egg has fertilized.
The earliest date on which you can do pregnancy test is 1st May. Do a blood pregnancy test as it is more sensitive and reliable than home pregnancy test.
I hope I have answered your concerns.
If you have any further queries, do write to me through Healthcare Magic. I will be happy to answer.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- How to avoid pregnancy after an unprotected sex
- Had unprotected sex post periods taken pill loestrin pregnancy chances
- How to avoid unwanted pregnancy after unprotected sex
- How to avoid unwanted pregnancy post unprotected sex
- How to avoid pregnancy after a weak of unprotected sex
- How to avoid pregnancy due to an unprotected sex
- Unprotected sex medication to avoid pregnancy
- Had unprotected sex how to avoid pregnancy
- How can pregnancy be detected post unprotected sex
- Had unprotected sex after delivery suggest medicine to avoid pregnancy