Suggest precautionary measures to prevent UTI recurrence

Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Thank you for your prior answer. It was most helpful. Another question... what steps can be taken to prevent the occurrence of UTI's?

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Drink more water

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for query .

To get UTI at the elderly age is very common and can be prevented by following general,measures
1) Drink ore water about 3-4 liters per day
2) Empty your bladder at frequent intervals so that urine does not get stagnated in bladder for long time
3) Do urine dip stick test at home every week so that you can check out about UTI and take antibiotics before it sets in
4)Avoid constipation as it is one of the predisposing factors to get UTI.
5) Practice moderate exercises or Yogas every day morning .to keep yourself physically fit and healthy .
6) Take light diet with sumptuous fruits and leafy vegetables and milk.

This should help to prevent from getting UTI .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions ,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.