Suggest precautionary measures to be taken after percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
Avoid undue physical stress.
I understand your concern.
The following precautions have to be taken post PTCA.
1.Keep the catheterisation site safe and clean.
2.Check for any bleeds and if any,report to your concerned physician.
3.Avoid undue abdominal strain.Use western toilet only for the first 7 days after discharge.
4.Avoid taking stairs as of now.
5.Keep your blood pressure well below 130/80 mm of Hg.
6.Avoid straining at stools.
7.Consume plenty of fiber and fruits.
8.Regularly take all the prescribed medications without fail.
9.Avoid undue emotional trauma.
10.Always report to your doctor in case of any chest pain,however small,it is,in the first 1 week of discharge.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Coronary angioplasty and sauna
- Internal bleeding after coronary angioplasty and stent
- Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
- Coronary angioplasty stenting can they fly
- Cghs rates for percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty
- Percutaneous coronary angioplasty
- After angioplasty wisky can be taken advise
- Done angioplasty for awmi life expectancy and precautionary measures
- Can alcohol be taken after angioplasty
- I have to have a coronary angioplasty