Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

Suggest pain relief medication for chronic pain syndrome

Feb 2018
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 16001 Questions
I am struggling to find a better pain relieving drug that is extended release. Currently I am taking 60 mg per day of oxycodone and it just isn't enough. My new doctor has limited me to that amount, but were I came from I was taking 60 mg 3 times a day which was perfect for me. I am suffering with chronic pain syndrome or at least that is what they call it. I don't know what to do. Please help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Discuss with your Doctor for modulation of doses Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Gone through the list of problems and the amount of surgeries you have undergone. Yes, it is difficult to get a control of pain with one third of the dose of oxycodone you were taking. Frankly speaking you should use this medicine only if the pain is unbearable. Have you tried other medicines like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac? They would help reduce the swelling and the pain- both and help you maintain the least possible dose of oxycodone. You can always discuss this with your treating Doctor , who would he in a position to give you trial with other (more) doses and/ or medicines. Wish you good health. regards,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest pain relief medication for chronic pain syndrome 2 hours later
Ok, thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome Detailed Answer: Hi. You are most welcome.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor