Suggest non surgical treatment to cure fistula

Dr. Munish Sood

Ayurveda Specialist

Posted on Fri, 7 Nov 2014 in Ayurveda
Question: Fistula since last 3years and want to avoid surgical operation as I'm a Diabatic patient.
Facing gastric and constipation and increase of weight.
Pls.advice
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need more information

Detailed Answer:
Dear

Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your health concern.

1. Since you are diabetic do let me know your current values, since it is a common pathology to delay/avoid any procedure.
2. any associated symptom with fistula, since because of associated pain [if present] patient is afraid to pass stool resulting in CONSTIPATION which furthers aggravates the condition.
3. any underlying disease like: Inflammatory Bowel disease, Ulcerative Colitis, Crohn's disease,and/or faulty lifestyle like sedentary habits, faulty feeding habits, mental stress, weakness of digestive system muscles.?
4. you can incorporate following methods to alleviate the symptoms:
. hot hip bath: sit in a tub of warm water for 10 minutes [2 times a day]
PS. Warm baths can relax the anal muscles, relieve irritation, and increase blood flow to the area.

. do not strain while passing stool,and use warm water or wet toilet paper but without perfume or alcohol(without soap) to clean your anus after each motion
PS. apply lognocaine jelly or pilex ointment locally 4-5 times/day before and after motion.
. avoid cold/tap/jet (western seat) water.
. if job demands sitting, make sure you get up every half an hour to relax for 5 minutes and then sit back,make a sponge cushion for your chair.
. keep you stool soft with stool softener, maintain proper hydration
. avoid straining and sitting in toilet for long time.

Do revert back with your concern(s)

Dr. Munish Sood
Consultant & Physician
Naimittika Clinic
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Shanthi.E