Suggest non-surgical treatment for lower back pain

Dr. Sudhir Kumar

Neurologist

Posted on Wed, 31 Aug 2016 in Brain and Spine
Question: I am suffering with lower back pain due to a disc bulge as suggested by my MRI reports.
Is it curable by non surgical ways ? I am looking for a doctor /Physio who can cure this.
Please suggest a good doctor I can reach out to. I have tried all types of treatment in past few years but nothing seems to be working so far.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You do not need surgery

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr XXXXXXX

Thank you for posting your query.

I am Dr Sudhir Kumar, Neurologist, and would try my best to help you.

I have noted your symptoms and MRI reports. The reports suggest minor compression of nerves in lower back due to slipped discs. The compression is not severe and hence, you do not require surgery.

The mainstay of treatment is good physiotherapy. You can contact Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX MPT Neuro (0000) for this purpose.

Medications such as gabapentin and pregabalin can be used for relief of nerve-related pain.

I sincerely hope my reply has helped you.

I would be pleased to answer, if you have any follow up queries or if you require any further information.

Best wishes,     
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, XXXXXXX
For DIRECT QUERY to me: http://bit.ly/Dr-Sudhir-kumar
My blog: http://bestneurodoctor.blogspot.com/

Follow up: Dr. Sudhir Kumar 33 hours later
Thank you for the reply. I got in touch with Dr XXXXXXX XXXXXXX today and will be visiting him for consultation on Saturday. I will keep you posted on my discussion with him.

Let me know if you have any additional advise for me.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please keep me informed

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for getting back.

As of now, please focus on physiotherapy as per Dr XXXXXXX Reddy's instructions. Please keep me informed about your progress.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)