Suggest natural ways to boost thyroid hormones

Dr. Mirjeta Guni

Endocrinologist

Posted on Wed, 24 Aug 2016 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Question: My Pituatary gland is not working and I have adrinal dificiancy due to Pituatiary damage. I have had a stroke when my last child was born over 17 years ago and have been on vitamin supplements since that time. 6 years ago I was diagnoses wit a Brain Tumor and had it removed and it was clasified as a Melaniagona Type 1 tumor. Since then I have had numerouse health issues. My endocronoligist has tried to put me on several Thyroid medications but I keep getting sick everytime she tries one. Is there a natural way to boost my Thyroid. Furthermore, she put me on the estrodial patch and I get extremly sick and can not handle the patch for more than 2 days. She put me on the lowest patch and I have to change it every week. Is there a way to naturally increase my hormones?
Answered by Dr. Mirjeta Guni 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no natural way to increase them.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!
I read carefully your concern.

If you are diagnosed with panhypopituitarism ( i.e. your pituitary gland does not produce any hormone) it is mandatory to substitute them.

So you need to take hydrocortisone, levothyroxine and estrogen.

There is no other way to increase them naturally.
The dose of hydrocortisone should be corrected regarding to blood pressure and electrolyte level, the dose of levothyroxine by checking Ft4 and Ft3.

You may start with a very low dose if you do not tolerate the dose prescribed by your physician and than increase it gradually.

Hope i was helpful, let me know if you have any further queries.
Kind regards,
Dr.Mirjeta
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee