Suggest natural remedy to increase hormone levels in the body

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Mon, 19 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I WAS PLEASED WITH YOUR ANSWER BUT I HAVE TO SEE MY DR. NEXT WEEK AND I KNOW HE WON'T GIVE ME HORMONES AGAIN. I'LL TRY THOUGH. IS THERE ANY NATURAL MED I CAN TAKE?
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
Soy contains phytoestrogens which may help

Detailed Answer:
I am glad that you were pleased with my answer. I am sure that your doctor is a sensible person and if there is an actual requirement of hormone therapy, he would actually give it. However, there are natural ways of supplementing estrogens. There are foods which contain phytoestrogens which are plant substances similar to estrogen. High levels are found in soy beans, chick peas, cereal XXXXXXX vegetables, legumes and fruits. Unfortunately, there has been little research into the benefits of these natural supplements, but in moderation they are certainly unlikely to do any harm.
Talk to your doctor about the explanations that I have given in my earlier answer and I hope that would be a better one.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Sonia Raina