Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties

183 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest natural remedies for elevated cholesterol levels

Answered by
Dr. Ramesh Kumar


Practicing since :1986

Answered : 1894 Questions

Posted on Wed, 23 May 2018 in Elderly Problems
Question: what natural foods I can use to lower my cholesterol I have a buildup of plaque in arteries that is bad and may have to go under the knife.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please follow diet mentioned below.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking query on HCM,

Firstly don't worry, follow suggestions for 3 month and you would feel much better.

Proper Diet can help you to lower your cholesterol levels by 40 to 60 per cent. Foods rich in fibre, soya, nuts, healthy oils, oats, red wine, salmon, fenugreek, garlic, beans are good for you.Limit intake of foods containing saturated fats, trans fats, and dietary cholesterol.Take olive oil in food.Avoid fats like butter,Cheese etc.Any form of saturated fat is not good for you.Alfalfa has ability to deal with artery-related diseases. They are capable of clearing arteries that are congested with cholesterol. So include that in your diet. Garlic is extremely beneficial for people suffering from high cholesterol. Two cloves of garlic on a daily basis can completely neutralize the effect of high cholesterol in the blood.The bark of the Arjuna tree can be taken and consumed in the form of powder. They have the capability to dissolve cholesterol and prevent heart blockages. This should be consumed earlier in the morning, before breakfast with lukewarm water..

Change life style .do meditation, yoga, walk daily, do any one physically activity daily i.e. play any game.

Avoid fast foods, oily foods, junk foods, alcohol, smoking, fatty foods, non-veg., avoid stress, take plenty of water in day time.

Repeat your lipid profile after 3 months.

Hope i was helpful.
Get well soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on