• question-icon

Suggest multivitamin supplements for a 30 year old

Posted on Wed, 16 Aug 2017 in Internal Doctor Category
Question: Doctor, can you please suggest good multi vitamin tablets which a person can. No problem as such, just an opinion to fill gaps because of incomplete food.
Answered by Dr. Prasad 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not indicated...

Detailed Answer:

Unless and until you have symptoms of deficiencies or have proven vitamin deficiency (proved by blood test), there is no real need to take vitamin supplements. It is preferable to include plenty of fruits and vegetables which are good source of vitamins. If you are non vegetarian, also include meat as well as milk regularly. These are good source of vitamin b12 and vitamin D. This type of diet is sure to take care of your vitamin requirement.

That being said, you may consider tab zincovit for a couple of weeks to a month. I don't recommend one to take these supplements regularly for months / years together unless and until there is proven deficiency.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Prasad