• question-icon

Suggest multivitamin medication taken for low energy levels

Posted on Thu, 13 Jul 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: I and my wife have been taking one supradyn multivitamin pill per a day from past one month. I keep on feeling so much stress in office. I don't see any change in my energy levels. Why is that so. Should I change the supradyn . Which is best multivitamin tablet we can take
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Multivitamins would not help.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. Let me tell you that vitamins are required by our body in minuscule amounts and are not stored. Whatever we need is usually available from an average daily diet. So, unless you have a specific deficiency it is simply useless to take multivitamin supplements and all of it would simply be flushed out with urine. Possibly that is exactly what is happening and you therefore see no change in your energy levels.

I would insist you to stop taking it. However, you are free to continue with it if you want. All multivitamins are equally useless provided that you are not exhibiting symptoms of a particular deficiency. In case you ever get a particular deficiency, most multivitamins would not have sufficient quantity of that particular vitamin and it would be better to take supplements of that specific component rather than any multivitamin.

Let me know if I could help further.

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha