Suggest motion and strengthening exercises to help reduce pain and inflammation associated with shoulder

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 12 Sep 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: You recommended another steroid injection with an MRI. I want to know what exercises I can do to strengthen my shoulder and supporting structures to help with the pain and need for shots.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Stretching and strengthening exercises will help.

Detailed Answer:

Range of motion exercises, stretching and strengthening exercises help reduce pain and inflammation associated with shoulder.

A physical therapist can teach you stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in your shoulder as possible.

You also need to start with oral muscle relaxants to relax the muscles and to improve the range of motion.

Do consult a proficient physiotherapist to help you regarding this.

I hope this answers your query.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal, Orthopaedic Surgeon