Suggest methods to diagnose lupus
Thank you for posting your query on HCM.
Well looking itno your problem I would like to tell you that various antibodies are there which can be usedto diagnose lupus . Although ANA is very likely to be positive in this condition but sometimes it becomes positive later during the course of disease.
Anti ds DNA antibody , Anti Sm antibody , complement levels and antibodies for APS like lupus anticoagulant assay , anticardiolipin antibody , anti beta 2 gp1 antibosy also if positive can predict the disease . Rest clinial features are very important but some times they are so non specific that doctors can miss them where the role of autoantibody testing comes . Just mild joint pains and neuropathy would not lead to diagnosis of lupus in scene of ANA negativity plus you being a male as it is highly prevalent in females rather than males .
Thank you for reverting back.
Well this is not a general scenario , patient will have symptoms after the tick bite itself and not years later but the joint pains and serology testing can be positive years later also.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosed with lupus how to deal with it
- Diagnosed with pah joint pains ana positive lupus
- Lupus erythematosus tumidus diagnoses
- Lupus patient diagnoisis with hep c suggest
- What do you suggest for lupus with myasthenia gravis
- Diagnosed with lupus due to tropical climate and water changes
- Diagnosed with lupus had vitiligo spots on body treatment
- Having symptoms of lupus but no fever suggest
- Suggest pain management treatment for lupus
- Have been diagnosed with cutaneous lupus suggest