Suggest medicines to relieve pain after a fall

Dr. Klerida Shehu

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Tue, 19 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: I have pain when bending down, also a burning dull ache on my right side, indigestion, burping. I did take a nasty fall in April and broke my foot, pain in ribs, knee. This pain has started after the fall.
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Following causes to your health problems...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I am sorry for the nasty fall you experience in April.

The pain you feel when bending down is related to injury (trauma) to your spinal cord after falling.

Having burning dull ache on your right side, indigestion and burping are gastrointestinal complaints related to:
- pain-medications you took after the fall that might have cause stomach problems (gastritis)
- changes in intestinal flora if you used antibiotics after the fall
- if the symptoms have started recently, might be due to food intolerance or malabsorption (eating bad food or any possible viral infection)

I advise to:
- re-evaluate your spinal cord damages
- take antacids
- eat often and small portions
- consume more water
- schedule physiotherapy massaging to relive pain
- run abdominal ultrasound and chest X-ray to exclude stomach problems.

Wish fast recovery! Let me know if you need further assistance!
Dr.Klerida