Suggest medicines to prepone periods

Dr. Bhagyashree.B

OBGYN

Posted on Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Question: Hi, I have a family function and I want to prepone my periods. I have a 28 days cycle and this month periods should come on 10th August (last time it was on 12TH of July). I want to prepone it by atleast a week. Doctor suggested REGESTRONE tablet 3 times a day on 1st and 2nd of August. But I doubt if I will get my periods if I take REGESTRONE or please suggest me any other better option to prepone the periods. Also, I have PCOD. Can there be any issues if I take REGESTRONE?
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take regesterone thrice a day for three days

Detailed Answer:
Dear member
Thanks for writing.
You can take tab regesterone thrice a day for 3 day starting tomorrow. You can expect your period in 3-4 days after stopping regesterone.
There are no issues in patients with PCOS taking regesterone.
Hope this was helpful.
Please write back if you have any queries.
Thanks
Dr Bhagyashree

Follow up: Dr. Bhagyashree.B 25 minutes later
Thank you for the Answer.
If I don't get the periods, I need to post pone them. Please suggest me a pill to postpone them and from which day should I start them and for how many days, should I take the tablets (I need to post pone for nearly 10 days). Is it safe if I post pone them for those many days? (My periods should come on 9th or 10th of August.)
Answered by Dr. Bhagyashree.B 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Dear member,
Thanks for writing.
You have to decide whether you want to prepone or postpone.
If you don't get your period and then again take tablets there will be irregular bleeding.
Ideally it's always better to delay period than prepone it as it's predictable.

To delay please take tablet regesterone twice a day. Start 3 days before expected period, in your case 6th August and continue till you want to delay the period.
There is no harm in taking tablets for 10 -15 days.
Hope this was helpful
Thanks
Dr XXXXXXX