question-icon

Suggest medicines to postpone periods

Posted on Tue, 19 May 2015
Question: I am needing to either delay my period or have it early so as to avoid my cycle during a wedding on 31 May. I am 50 and not currently on birth control pills. I have just moved and do not have a new OBGYN or GP. Any suggestions on what might work for my situation?
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal (45 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
Postponement is a good option.

Detailed Answer:
Hello ma'am,

Thanks for trusting HCM about your health care.
I can understand your concerns.
In my opinion postponement of period is a better option rather prepone.
For this you should take progesterone ( primolut- n) 3-4 days before your expected period date and continue till the time you want to delay your menses( maximum upto 2 weeks).
When you stop taking the drug you will resume your menses in 3-4 days( within a week).
Primolut- n is a prescription drug, so you should consult a Gynecologist for the same.
Hope it is useful, feel free to discuss more.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa Agarwal

OBGYN