Suggest medicines to postpone periods
I have to push out my periods by few days. The expected date of my periods is April 28. Can you prescribe a medicine that I can take? what should be the dosage and frequency and when should I start.
I can understand your concerns.
To delay the periods, a drug called norethisterone can be taken.
The dose is 5 mg three times a day, which I usually prescribe to my patients.
It has to be started 3-4 days before a period is due (not sure whether this or any other pill will work for you now as your periods are due in two days).
It can be continued for up to two weeks or so until the person want to have a period.
The period will then normally begin 2-3 days after stopping it.
Norethisterone is normally safe to take.
Some women have side-effects such as bloating, stomach upset, breast discomfort and reduced sex drive.
Here, I would like to mention that the dosage schedule which I have described here is a tentative one. It has to individualised by doctor after proper examination. This drug has to be taken only after your doctor's advice and supervision.
Hope this helps.
Feel free to discuss further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Delayed periods hpt test negative given meprate postpone periods suggest
- Suggest medicine to postpone periods
- Medicines to delay or postpone periods
- Sandoz periods postponement medicine
- Missing period suggest medicine to get period
- Meprate medicine for postponing periods
- Suggest medicines for delaying the periods
- Ayurvediac medicine for postpone periods
- Suggest medication to postpone periods
- Ayurvedic medicine to postpone period