Owl Image

Suggest medicines to enhance milk production to feed the baby

Owl Image
Dr. Monika Choudhary

OBGYN

Question
My wife has underwent a Cesarian section and delivered a baby on May 19,2014. Both mother and baby are safe. Day by day, the production of milk in my wife decreased and we started using Farex stage 1 for feeding the baby . Can you please suggest any medicines so that my wife gets enough production of milk to feed the baby?
Wed, 27 Aug 2014 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
conservative methods are only hope

Detailed Answer:
Hi XXXXXXX
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The milk production is dependant on frequent suckling by the infant and will gradually improve or decrease according to that.
Other factors that are helpful in improving milk flow are ample rest, fluid intake in excess of 3 litres in a day, high protein diet and diets having Calories in excess some 600Calories over and above the daily energy expenditure.
Because she has already started the baby on other supplement, she is unlikely to pick up. But you should still try.
There are no medicines for milk secretion.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!

Follow-up: Suggest medicines to enhance milk production to feed the baby 19 minutes later
Thanks doctor for your reply.
Would there be any tablets/capsules that can enhance the milk production.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 27 hours later
Brief Answer:
Lactonic grandules

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back.
She can take Lactonic Granules under her Doctor's guidance.
However best way to enhance milk production like adequate fluid intake, high protein diet I have already explained.