Suggest medicines to cure fever, cold and cough

Dr. Divakara

Posted on Tue, 20 Oct 2015 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: helloz doctor i am suffering from fever as well as cold and cough from last two days,please suggest few medicine so that i can take rest and get well soon
Answered by Dr. Divakara 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use Paracetamol and cetrizine.

Detailed Answer:
HI

Your symptoms are suggestive of Upper respiratory tract infection. Most of the times these infections are due to viral infection which shall subside in 3-4 days . Hence I advise you to wait for 1-2 days more and observe.

Till then you can take Paracetamol for fever and Cetrizine for cold. Do salt water gargling 3-4 times a day, drink hot water, avoid oily food , non veg food and Citrus fruits.

If your symptoms show no improvement even after 2 days then you require an antibiotic course like Azithromycin, as the possibility of bacterial infection becomes high as 4ht day of illness. In that case get a prescription from your doctor for Azithromycin.

Hope this information was useful to you.
Any clarifications feel free to ask.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad