Suggest medicines to abort pregnancy

Dr. Jyoti Patil

Posted on Tue, 27 May 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Question: I AM PREGNANT AND HAVE INTERCOURSE ON 20 TH APRIL I HAVE MEDICINE UNWANTED ON 21ST TO AVOID PREGNENCY STILL I GOT PREGNANAT. WHAT IS THE SAFEST MEDICINE AS I DONT WANT TO GIVE BIRTH TO CHILD
Answered by Dr. Jyoti Patil 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Need examination before taking abortion medication

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX

MTP kits helps in causing abortion. That contains drugs Mifepristone and Misoprostol. But, these medications are not advised without gynecologist examination.

Abortion happens in 99% of case, but some time it does not induce or even can cause incomplete abortion leading to intrauterine infection, excessive bleeding, etc.

I would suggest you to meet your doctor. Get a Ultrasound abdomen done to confirm the pregnancy is within uterus only and not the ectopic one. It is mandatory.

Please take the medicine under the guidance of Gynecologist only.

Wish you healthy life.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad