Suggest medicines for pain in back

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I fell in the shower and in alot of pain
Posted Thu, 28 Aug 2014 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
More information pls

Detailed Answer:
hi thanks for your question. more information is required to answer this question such as

the site of your pain
the nature of it
can you move he affected part or walk on it

what is your actual question?

thanks

Follow-up: Suggest medicines for pain in back 34 minutes later
My question is I have a messed up back already. I made an appointment..... But in the mean time im talking Alot of tylenola and having a hard time moving around... Is their something else I can take flor pain till my appoiment

Answered by Dr. Karl Logan 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Add ibuprofen

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the further information.

Yes you could take additional medication for your back. First of all you would want to maximize your dose of Tylenol which for an adult is 1g every 6 hours. I would next add ibuprofen 400mg every 8 hours. In Canada you can get Tylenol and codeine over the counter which is a more powerful combination drug and you could substitute your regular tylenol for this. If these drugs and not controlling your pain then you would need to see your doctor for a prescription for more powerful medication.

You could also arrange to have some massage and physio in the meantime to help your symptoms. Heat applied to the area that is painful can also be of benefit.

I hope this answers your question.

Best wishes