question-icon

Suggest medicines for cold, fever and pain while swallowing

Posted on Wed, 26 Mar 2014
Question: hi doc, I am having cold , fever and have pain/problem in swallowing. can you please suggest me medicine. thanks
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (3 hours later)
Brief Answer: URTI Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Welcome to HCM. I am Dr Anshul Varshney. I have read your query in detail. I understand your concern. It seems you are suffering from Acute Pharyngitis that is Upper Respiratory Tract Infection (URTI). I need to know following: 1. Is your fever high grade? 2. Any chills and rigors? 3. Any Running nose? 4. Any burning micturation? Give me these details. So that i can help you with the treatment part. Stay Healthy.
Follow up: Dr. Anshul Varshney (34 minutes later)
I travelled from delhi to chandirah yesterday and since yesterday night I had cold, mild fever and pain in swallowing only.
Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney (7 minutes later)
Brief Answer: Detail follows Detailed Answer: Welcome Again. In such situations I advice following: 1. Anti Allergic medication like Tab Levocetrizine once a day For 5 days 2. Anti pyretic like Paracetamol 500 mg thrice daily for 3 days. 3. Antibiotic like Azithromycin 500 mg once a day for 3 days. 4. Warm saline gargles 4 times A day. This is my best advice for you. You will get better in 3-5 days. If you don't have any further query you may please close the discussion and rate it. Stay Healthy.
Dr. Anshul Varshney