Suggest medicine for pimples on face

Dr. P V S Prasad

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 4 Feb 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi,

There were so many pimples in my face, could you please suggest medicine on this. Tnx.,

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 1 hour later
Hi
Pimples is a common problem of teen age and beyond.
It occurs in patients with oily skin
It may be heriditary or prepicitated by environmetal factors like humid climate.
It needs to be treated with frequent face wash with soaps.
Commercial face wahes like salicylic or benzoic acids are to be used with dermatologists advice only.
Similarly ointments. Or gels shoud be useful for one year or so depending on response.
Oral medications are available. Isotretinoin is a powerful agent to be used only on doctors advice. Hence i suggest you to consult your dermatologists to ascess your pimples and to put you on appropriate medications.

Don't squeeze pimples which produces scars
I hope I made you clear
Have a good day
Prasad pvs
Follow up: Dr. P V S Prasad 5 hours later
Thanks Doctor!

Request you to please let me know which face wash / cream / medicine needs to use on this?

XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 41 hours later
hi
thanks for your next question. sorry for the delayed reply.
I suggest that you can use
1. derclean face wash twice a day
2. Benzac AC gel to apply sparingly at night over pimples
But, please do remember that the treatment differs in each patient and it is better if it is endorsed by a local dermatologist as any medication can result in over dryness if used injudiciously.
have a nice day XXXXXXX pvs