Suggest medicine for persistent high fever

Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein

General Surgeon

Posted on Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Infections
Question: Doctor prescribe the Z pack for my wife`s hi fever but it looks nothing is badging the fever from 102 . and so what is there to be done?
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Well, you dont have to be worried about 102, this is still not worrying fever and you should continue with z-pac as it may take even 2-3 days to have effect. Also, advice her to drink plenty of fluids,at least 2.5 liters per day, vitamin c supplements, drink lettuce tea with lemon and honey, cool down head and neck and take lukewarm baths. If fever reaches 103.5 then you should go back to your doctor. Wish you good health. Regards
Follow up: Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 26 hours later
Today is the last day of z pack but still my wife feels like crap and she still having a temperature 102...... Is the any suggestions .
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
She should start antibiotic course since it may be bacterial infection. She should do blood tests to verify exact cause of fever so that right antibiotic can be started