Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

Suggest medicine for persistent high fever

Apr 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 9351 Questions
Doctor prescribe the Z pack for my wife`s hi fever but it looks nothing is badging the fever from 102 . and so what is there to be done?
Posted Mon, 25 Aug 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome to HCM

Detailed Answer:
Well, you dont have to be worried about 102, this is still not worrying fever and you should continue with z-pac as it may take even 2-3 days to have effect. Also, advice her to drink plenty of fluids,at least 2.5 liters per day, vitamin c supplements, drink lettuce tea with lemon and honey, cool down head and neck and take lukewarm baths. If fever reaches 103.5 then you should go back to your doctor. Wish you good health. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medicine for persistent high fever 26 hours later
Today is the last day of z pack but still my wife feels like crap and she still having a temperature 102...... Is the any suggestions .
Answered by Dr. Ivan R. Rommstein 28 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hi and welcome

Detailed Answer:
She should start antibiotic course since it may be bacterial infection. She should do blood tests to verify exact cause of fever so that right antibiotic can be started
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor