Suggest medicine for indigestion

Dr. Shoaib Khan

Posted on Tue, 26 Nov 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: i am facing health problem.I am suffering from indigestion.medicine suggest.
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer: List of suggestions to help treat indigestion Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am/sir and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. There are many causes for indigestion and in most cases, if the cause is found and treated, the indigestion can be treated. But, here are a few suggestions to help treat your indigestion: -Eat small meals, more number of times a day -Do not overeat -Drink less fluids during your meal -Do not skip meals, eat at least 3 meals a day, in small-moderate quantities -Mild walk 1 hour after the meal -Have dinner at least 2 hours before bed time -Include probiotics (substances that promote digestion) in your meals- eg. curds, yogurt, fermented tea, miso soup, soy milk, cabbage, milk and dairy products, hot chocolate, pickles, olives, etc. -You could also add a regular probiotic to your diet (Eg. GNORM or SPOROLAC available in India) -Visit a doctor to get examined and investigated (endoscopy) to look for medical conditions that could be causing the indigestion I hope you found my response both helpful and informative. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications or information, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.