Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

Suggest medications for hypertension?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2570 Questions
Hello Sir,
Please suggest some medicine for Hypertension,
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later

There are various class of anti hypertensive drugs. They are prescribed depending on the blood pressure recorded and medical illness present.

If there are no renal problems and chronic cough, then Angiotension 2 receptor blocker such as telmisartan is my favorite. Other widely used drugs are calcium channel blocker such as amlodepine and angiotension converting enzyme inhibitor such as losartan.

You can consult your doctor nearby and discuss about these drugs. He/she can accordingly monitor the antihypertensive management. In the mean while continue yoga and meditation which have positive implications on blood pressure.

Hope this answers. Let me know if you need clarifications.

Best Wishes
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor