Suggest medications for hair loss

Dr. Johny Chacko

Dermatologist

Posted on Wed, 16 Jul 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hello
do u have any good and effective medication for hair loss
Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Hair loss management

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to healthcare magic.

I understand from your query that you are looking for treatment options for hair loss.

Hair loss treatment depends on the type of hair loss.
The most common type of hair loss in men of your age is Male pattern hair fall or androgenetic alopecia. This is a hereditary type of hair loss mediated by androgen hormones mainly testosterone.

Minoxidil and Finasteride are US-FDA approved treatments for the management of hair loss.

Depending on the severity of hair loss and the grading, these two can be given alone or in combination.

Saw palmetto extracts and peptides are also useful in treatment of male pattern hair loss. Though these are not US-FDA drugs, there is considerable research going on to prove their efficacy.

You have the option of uploading a clinical picture so that I can suggest to you what you benefit you in particular. You have a feature to upload the images by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your query better. You can also send the image as attachment to YYYY@YYYY , with the subject as 'Attn: Dr. Johny Chacko'

Hope this helps you.

Dr. Johny Chacko