Suggest medications for gastritis and burning sensation in the esophagus

Dr. Amit Jain

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 3 Mar 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Medicine for gastritis and esophagus burning.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 48 minutes later
Brief Answer:
take rabeprazole domperidoe and famotidine

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thanks for puttinh your query in HCM. I am a Gastroenterologist.

I will advise you to take a proton pump inhibitor like rabeprazole and a prokinetic agent like domperidone before breakfast. And tablet famotidine 40mg od after dinner. I found this combination very useful in my patients with this diagnosis.

Also avoid spicy and fatty meals. Dont take tea or coffee.

I hope I have answered your query and this will help you wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 15 minutes later
For how many days, these medicines to be taken?
Sometimes I feel palpitations after eating lunch. Can u plz prescribe digestive enzymes tablets.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 31 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should take medicines for 6 to 8 weeks

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back

Palpitations can occur if there is acid reflux so it is associated with reflux only.
To relieve this you may take 2-3 tsf of antacid which is to be taken after meals

I dont think there is any requirement of digestive enzymes. take the above medicines and observe your symptoms. If no relief then again we can discuss

Wish you a good health
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. Amit Jain 14 minutes later
Please advise which antacid syrup (brand name) to be used.
Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Syp Ranidom_O by Mankind company

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back

Syp Ranidom_O by Mankind company. I found it very useful

If you don’t have further query then rate the answer and close the discussion. Wish you a good health