Suggest medications for depression, irritation and social anxiety
I have depression, social anxiety and I just moved from Northampton ma, and I need to find a doctor that understands how I feel
I just feel like I have been on these medacines for so long and they work so why why do some doctors feel like they should try other meds when I have tried a lot of other meds I feel like a ginie pig sometimes I just need a doctor to no that im a mother with a mental XXXXXXX issues im on disability and I don't think that is going to change im going to see a therapist onthursday and after that weekly I also talk to a special therapist about all my family loses I need to have people to talk to and organatztion in my life or im so depressed either im depressed and I sleep all well do the bare minum or im very out going and positivre but my anxity will keep me from going shoping bringing my daughter to the park library ext I feel horrible because my mental XXXXXXX people around me suffer I need help
More information required
welcome to HCM
From your compliants it is very much evident that you are having mood and anxiety problems.
However, gor a better clinical picture I need answers to following questions.
1) do you persistently feel irritable most of the time? gets angry on minor provocative issues?
2) have you ever happen to experience intense pleasure, euphoria, for duration of some weeks in past? increased self esteem, confidence and high energy levels? or
you feel very low, tired, fatigued, not interested in pleasureble activities?
3) do you have difficulty in falling asleep?
4) has some one ever told you that you are talking more?
we generally ask these question to everyone. Information regarding these can helpe to have a better clinical information.
I would need to know the names of drugs you are taking currently, any diagnosis the doctor had made in past.
Kindly revert back with the information.
need to revise treatment
Thank you for the reply.
From the description of your current symptoms I could understand that your are experiencing mood swings associated with irritability and general anxiety.
Your medical history of Xanax, adderall, are supportive to the mood disorder.
Considering all these information i would suggest following
1)Revision of treatment. I would suggest an addition of a mood stabiliser drug can be discussed with your treating consultant.
2)May i know since long you have been prescribed these drug. Since how long are you taking Adderall. what was the reason for which you had been started on adderall.
3)one will need to work up in detail regarding other stressors that are perpetuating the illness. Here i would suggest to meet up some local psychologist with whom you can discuss your history, familial and interpersonal problems. A regular sessions of Cognitive Behaviour therapy can be very helpful. But of course it would be a supportive treatment as the mainline of management would be the psychiatric drugs.
4)I would suggest you consult a local psychiatrist with whom yo can discuss on above issues on treatment modification and as the doctor will require to elicit mental status examination to see for objective signs. It is only after a comprehensive work up one can have a specific diagnosis. However, with all the information we have got I hope my suggestion will prove helpful to you.
Proper medication and compliance can lead to stable life.
Feel free for further queries.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Diagnosed with depression and on medication possible social anxiety
- Men too much body hair depression social anxiety
- Suffering from social anxiety will anti-depressants help
- Social anxiety medication reviews
- Cannabis smoking psychosis schizophrenia depression social anxiety ocd
- What is the medication for bipolar and acute social anxiety
- Drugs/medication for Social anxiety
- Drugs/medication for Social anxiety disorder
- Panicyl as a natural remedy for social anxiety and depression
- Panicyl for social anxiety and depression