Suggest medication with minimum side effects for interstitial cystitis
I will like to know what drug you have tried!
Hi and thank you so much for this query.
There are several different drugs used to treat interstitial cystitis. Patients respond to these drugs differently and it may be necessary to try several in an attempt to identify what works best for you. However, I will always want to start with come drugs such Advil, Aleve, etc. If these fail, then we can try others. This is always my first choice because we know and understand so much about them and they are easily available.
If they should not offer enough relieve, then I will use antidepressants, anti-histamines and Pentosan, in this order of preference.
I hope to hear back from you and hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services let me know what your thoughts are at this time. I am ver much ready to offer more insights if you so need them.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Interstitial cystitis hyaline cast
- Abdomen fluttering "interstitial cystitis"
- Interstitial cystitis tickling bladder
- Interstitial cystitis and flucloxacillin
- Interstitial cystitis fullness caliectasis
- Aceclofenac interstitial cystitis
- Diagnosed interstitial cystitis advised cystoscopy with hydrodistention suggest
- Interstitial cystitis and thrush
- Bentonite clay and interstitial cystitis
- Drugs/medication for interstitial cystitis