question-icon

Suggest medication with minimum side effects for interstitial cystitis

Posted on Wed, 2 Dec 2015
Question: Which medication has the best results with the least side affects for Interstitial Cystitis?
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah (24 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
I will like to know what drug you have tried!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

There are several different drugs used to treat interstitial cystitis. Patients respond to these drugs differently and it may be necessary to try several in an attempt to identify what works best for you. However, I will always want to start with come drugs such Advil, Aleve, etc. If these fail, then we can try others. This is always my first choice because we know and understand so much about them and they are easily available.

If they should not offer enough relieve, then I will use antidepressants, anti-histamines and Pentosan, in this order of preference.

I hope to hear back from you and hope this helps. I wish you well. Thanks for using our services let me know what your thoughts are at this time. I am ver much ready to offer more insights if you so need them.
Dr. Chobufo Ditah