Suggest medication to temporarily terminate menstruation

Dr. Manisha Jain

OBGYN

Posted on Thu, 10 Sep 2015 in General Health
Question: can i stop my periods its first day it started. pls urgent advice
Today its my first day of period & i want to stop it urgently,pls urgently advice
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tablets norethisterone advised

Detailed Answer:
Hello XXXXXXX thanks for trusting health care magic.
It is not really a sureshot method but can definitely terminate periods earlier than scheduled.
Take tablet norethisterone 10 mg three times a day for 3-5 days and then once a day till you want to stop the periods.
All the best.
Dr Manisha
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 6 minutes later
TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY & IT STARTED TODAY MORNING CAN I TAKE NORETHISTERONE 5 MG
TODAY IS MY FIRST DAY OF BLEEDING DOES THAT MEDICINE HELP
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 14 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Minimum 10 mg tablet needed

Detailed Answer:
No 5 mg tablet will not help you so you will need to take a heavy dose to stop the periods.
Different patients respond differently to the medicine and thus it may take a while for the periods to stop or they may stop instantly.
Follow up: Dr. Manisha Jain 5 minutes later
Thanks for your ans, pls suggest which medicine is best to take from below mentioned medicines: XXXXXXX
Norethisterone 10mg
Ibuprofen 800
Answered by Dr. Manisha Jain 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Norethisterone tablets

Detailed Answer:
Norethisterone tablets will give best results.
Take it as advised.