Suggest medication to remove stretch marks

Posted on Mon, 23 Jan 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I want to know what is the best medication to get rid of stretch marks. I am not fat but I used to work out and I keep getting them and I don't feel comfortable wearing a t shirt. Some of the doctors suggest Vitamin E oil, Retinol A 0.05%, Coconut butter, Aloe better. I tried those but they don't work. I don't want to have sergury and use micro -nedling. I want to use a good cream.

Would you please recommend me the best one?

Thank you so much for your help.
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 54 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Allantoin, heparin and allium cepa extract combination cream is another opt

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us

I have answered one of your previous queries related to the same concern. Apart from tretinoin cream being a useful option for treatment of stretch marks you may try one of the various other topical preparations containing combination of allantoin, allium cepa extract, heparin e.g contractubex gel, hexilak gel or scarend gel. You may use either of these preparations during the day and tretinoin at night.
Again i want to stress upon the fact that none of the treatments is 100% effective.

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist