Suggest medication to improve metabolism

Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi

Posted on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Weight
Question: Please suggest medicine to improve metabolism. My BMI is very high i.e. 28. I am already doing walk.
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Improve metabolism. Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Thanks for the query to H.C.M. Forum. I would come up with these measures for you , these includes . 1 Have frequent meals in small quantities . 2 Take plenty of water, high fiber in diet. 3 Orlistat 120 mg is the drug ( now a days an OTC product in India)is medicine that decrease fat absorption and improve it ( METABOLISM). Avoid refined carbohydrates in diet ( sweets , sugar , candy ).Also avoid high calories index food like popcorn, chocolates. Take high protein in diet. Take foods with negative energy like cucumber, vegetables . Home remedies as lukewarm water with honey on empty stomach twice in a day will be helpful. Hope this information will be helpful. Further any question I will reply in follow up. Good luck. Dr. HET
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 31 minutes later
Thanks for your response doctor. I would like to know if there is any side effect of Orlistat medicine u mentioned above.
Answered by Dr. Het Ram Bishnoi 53 minutes later
Brief Answer: Side effect of Orlistat . Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Once again thanks for the question. As I prescribe Orlistat to my patient so this is my practical experience . I have not seen any side effect except mild G I upset i.e. nausea , dyspepsia . So you can use safely. If you follow as advised above, you will loose weight according to your wish. Hope this information will be helpful for you. Further any question I will reply. Good luck for nice life.Dr.HET.