Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication to grow taller

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 10412 Questions
Hi my name is Suresh ,my height is only 5'3 and my age is 27.i want to increase my height,i haven't tried any medicines yet.what are the available options for me.i found only surgery available for my age.if so what will be the cost and during,during is more imp as i was working.i reside in Hyderabad.are there hospital in Hyderabad for this surgery.kindly suggest me
Posted Wed, 5 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Surgery is costly. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query. Increasing your height at the age of 27 is quite a challenging task. After you attain puberty, the long bones of the body stop growing further as their growing ends fuse with the bone. These bones then attain a permanent size. There are many pills, injections etc available which claim to increase your height. Their effect is doubtful and do not waste your time, energy and money on them. Regular yoga practice is known to help in improvement of the posture and ease tension in the body which, in turn, can help make a person feel taller. Several yoga positions can help to maximize these effects. Your height totally depends on your age and in some cases your family average height. Drinking milk , stretching and proper sleep can increase your height as the secretion of growth hormone is increased during the sleep specially in the early morning hours. To produce extra Growth Hormone, develop an effective grow taller exercise program. Scientific studies have shown that the brain releases a larger quantity of GH after aerobic exercises. This can help in increase in height by 1-2 cm. The surgery involves correction in both the limbs and may involve rest and rehabilitation exercises for more than 10 weeks. You may be off work for several weeks. You can consult at Apollo Hospital Hyderabad for the necessary procedure. The cost will vary according to the procedure done and the duration of hospital stay. It can cost you lakhs of INR to get an appropriate height. I hope this answers your query. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Praveen Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor