Suggest medication to deal with Marijuana withdrawal symptoms

Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal

Posted on Wed, 28 Jun 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: hello I just quit smoking pot I smoked it for about 45 years I did it through hypnosis three days ago since then my body has been cramping my whole body under my chest my ribcage my feet my hands my back everything right now it's in my legs can you do anything to help me is there any kind of medication should I go to the doctor help
Answered by Dr. Lekshmi Rita Venugopal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Management of Marijuana withdrawal

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for trusting HealthcareMagic

Your symptoms are due to withdrawal from Marijuana. The withdrawal symptoms will likely subside in 3 - 4 weeks.
Meanwhile, you can seek medical help and undergo Marijuana detox program. In this program they will slowly nitrate down the dose and frequency of Marijuana, so that your brain will get used to lower levels of THC thereby decreasing withdrawal symptoms. Also they will provide supportive treatments like acetaminophen for pain, Metochlopramide/promethazine for nausea, vomiting.
Please be advised to seek help if you cannot tolerate the withdrawal symptoms, as these unpleasant symptoms are major cause for relapse.

Hope I was able to help you
Please address further questions here
Dr.Lekshmi
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T