question-icon

Suggest medication to alleviate severe pain in the lower back due to calculus in the urinary system

Posted on Mon, 19 Nov 2018
Question: I believe I just go my first kidney stone and in deep pain. I can't go to the bathroom and am in severe pain in the lower back. Is there anything that I can do to resolve the issue? I am drinking a lot of water
Answered by Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel (17 minutes later)
Brief Answer:
ER visit for analgesic injection and ultrasound examination.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query.

I have evaluated your query thoroughly.

* Symptoms are suggestive of possible calculus in the urinary system.
* Suggestions at present.

- As the intensity of pain is more, I suggest an emergency visit to the ER for getting an analgesic injection and ultrasound examination of the abdomen & pelvis for the diagnosis and further definite management.

Wishing you fine recovery.

Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel, General Surgeon
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel

General Surgeon