Suggest medication for vitamin D deficiency

Dr. Aashish Raghu

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Back Pain
Question: Due to bow legs I use to have pain in my knees very often. I went for blood test for vitamin-D and it looks like there is deficiency of Vitamin -D.
I have been suggested to have injection by doctor which I am not comfortable with. However the pain killer given by him reduced the pain.
Is there medicines available for increase the deficit vitamin-D in my body ?
One of my friend with same issue suggested
ComD3 nano shots.
Answered by Dr. Aashish Raghu 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Requires weekly and daily treatment

Detailed Answer:
Hi there

Thanks for the query

I have read your query and viewed your attached report.

You do have low Vitamin D level.

Your can take Tablet Vitamin D 60000 units (Tablet Sunbless 60k) once a week for 4 weeks and daily Tablet Vitamin D and Calcium combination (Tablet Shelcal CT) once a day for 4 weeks. After that you can test your Vitamin D levels.

These are safe and can be tried.

You can alternatively take ComD3 nano solution which contains 60000 units once a week instead of Tablet Sunbless.

I hope I have answered your query.

I will be available to answer your follow up queries.

Dr.Aashish Raghu
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng