Suggest medication for tachycardia

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist

Posted on Thu, 1 Sep 2016 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: Using meth by snorting. Resting heart rate is 120 bpm. I'm not experiencing chest pain but am a little concerned about my heart rate. When not using meth resting heart rate is 70-75 bpm. I'm looking for a professional opinion on how to lower the heart rate? Thank you!
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
I would recommend as follows:

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Welcome and thank you for asking on HCM!

Regarding your concern, I would recommend starting labetalol or carvedilol which are bĂȘte blockers mainly acting in alfa receptors and can prevent and treat tachycardia, but do not cause vasoconstriction and high blood pressure.

I recommend discussing with your doctor on the above treatment options.

Hope you will find this answer helpful!

Kind regards,

Dr. Iliri