Suggest Medication For Sore Throat
I went through your post with diligence and I understand your concern. However I am not sure how long you been dealing with this sore throat. I would encourage you to visit a doctor for evaluation if this discomfort is more than 10 days.
In the interim I would recommend you gargle 3-4 times a day for better results. Instead of salt, you may try gargling with betadine gargles or crushed aspirin / dispersible aspirin tablets. Since I practice in another country, I am not sure of local brands. You can check at the local pharmacy stores.
In addition, also look for throat lozenges. The lozenges come as chewable tablets and are helpful.
You should also consider antihistamines like cetrizine 5mg twice a day for few days. Antihistamine will be extremely useful in case you have post nasal drip.
These are temporary measures to ease discomfort. Other specific remedies can be planned after clinical examination.
Hope this helps.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ligaments in arm feel sore
- Eye infection right nostril sore
- Eye stye cold sore
- My episiotomy site is sore
- Eye pain and eyebrow bone sore
- I had a gall bladder attack and now my stomach is sore
- My heel is swollen and very sore
- My buttcrack is raw and sore
- My eyelids and behind my knees very sore
- Heart cath incision site sore