Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for sore throat, back pain and sensitive to medicines

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 1115 Questions
Im 40 yrs old ive had a sore throat, back pain and have had bad side effects of any medication such as vomiting, ive been very pale too, I have one kidney but thats been working fine with an x rays. Do you have any light medication to help my matter?
Posted Thu, 27 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Salt water gargles,Bed rest,water,Celecoxib,hot pa Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query and understand your concern. You are suffering from sore throat and back pain. For sore throat, you can try salt gargles three to 4 times per day. I will help in removing the mucus and thus clearing the organisms. As you are very sensitive to any medicines and vomiting after taking the tablets, You may have gastric ulcer or gastritis ( But this is a suspicion and can be confirmed by clinical examination and upper GI endoscopy). You can try selective COX-2 inhibitors like Celecoxib, it will not only help in relieving sore throat and also your back pain. Staying hydrated is very much essential in any infections. Drink plenty of water and stay hydrated. You can try over the counter antihistamine syrups like hydroxyzine, cetrizine. As most of the upper respiratory tract infection are caused by virus, you do not need any antibiotics. Take rest for two or three days. this rest not only help in sore throat but also for your back pain. Have alternating hot and cold packs application in the area of pain in the back. This will help in relieving the pain and decreasing the inflammation These symptoms will go away in one week to 7 days. Hope this helps. Please write back for further queries. Wishing you good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an ENT Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor