Suggest medication for shortness of breath that does not cause headache

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Mon, 27 Mar 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: what inhaler medication can I take for short of breath that does not have side effect of headache? I am on albuterol inhaler.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Give some more info please

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome in HCM.

I can understand your concern.
Can you give me somemore information about why are you taking albuterol are you smoking?
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Jnikolla 2 hours later
I have never smoked. I am short of breath and have had pneumonia twice in less than one year. I am taking 2puffs 4 times a day of albuterol inhaler. thank you. Please let me know if you need more. I have been coughing for 6 weeks.
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Corticosteroids inhaler rarely can cause headache

Detailed Answer:
Hi again.

According to the data you explain you are taking albuterol due to recurrent pneumonia in the last year.
PFT test result you are going to do are very important because they will show to your doctor if you have to take any more albuterol or not.Or you should pass ti another inhaler treatment.
A Chest X Ray is needed to in your situation to see for other diseases of the lungs .
If you suffer from arterial hypertension you have to be careful with the antihypertensive treatment too.
There are other inhalers like corticosteroids that not usually have the headache as one of their side effects too.
But primarily you have to consult your doctor for this and if it is needed he will change your treatment.
Don't worry and take regular your medications.
Wish you a good health
Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D