Suggest medication for severe pain when diagnosed with osteoporosis
Safer drugs are recommended
Hope this message finds you in good health.
Thank you for posting the question.
At your age,osteoporosis is often the root cause of arthritis. Our bones are meant for load bearing of the body and weaker bones often are unable to do that. This in turn increases the load on the joints causing the cartilage damage and eventually,arthritis.
You seem to have stage 2-3 arthritis in major joints of the body.
As far as pain is concerned, you can take analgesics like tramadol,etodolac or piroxicam which are reportedly much safer and are renal-friendly.
To avoid further damage to the cartilage in the joints, glucosamine,MSM,diacerin ,vitamin D3 and calcium tablets should be taken for approximately 6-8 months.
This will help in cartilage regeneration and strengthening of bones.
I hope this answer was useful.
For any further questions or doubts,you can get back to me anytime.
You are right, Glucosamine takes a while to show its effects,usually- 2-3 months .
But its worth taking considering the beneficial effects that it provides.
Wish you a speedy recovery.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe pain during intercourse suggestions
- Suggest remedy for severe pain in the knee
- Severe pain in ribs when coughing
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in shoulders
- Inflamed bump on the labia minora severe pain medication
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in kneecap
- Drugs/medication for severe pain
- Diagnosed with osteoporosis suggest some medication
- Severe pain when squeezing stapler
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the clitoris