Suggest medication for severe pain after a colostomy

Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha

Posted on Fri, 22 Jan 2016 in Pain Management
Question: I had an emergency colostomy from diverticulitis then the re-segment 6 months later. This was back in 2004. I've been on Hydrocodone 10 ever since. Taking up to 6 a day for pain. This is my only saving grace since the pain and bowel problems clear up from this drug. Now my pain doctor took me off it since it's now a different scheduled drug by the U.S. Government. I feel terrible and need my prescription back. Where do I go to get help in North San XXXXXXX CA. Thank you.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
There are pain medicine specialists who could write them for you.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I understand your situation and apprehension. Such medicines are available only by prescription. However, there are other pain medicine specilists in your area who could help. The following link lists doctors who could be of help:
http://doctor.webmd.com/find-a-doctor/specialty/pain-management/california/san-diego

Let me know if I could hlep further.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad