Suggest medication for severe depression and anxiety

Posted on Mon, 4 Jan 2016 in Mental Health
Question: My name is XXXXXXX xxxxx and I'm taking 20 mg of celexa, Just started talking on Dec,12-2-2015.Also on other drugs like clonazepam, omeprazole, 40mg, and Montelukast,10mg,Naprosyn 500mg, twice daily,simvastatin, 40mg one daily, one more estradiol,2mg, once daily..I've been really agitated real bad and crying alot, MY husband can't handle me, he told me to get some kind of help, Now I will be honest with you I've been thru alot in my life,but to feel this agitated and screaming at my sweetheart is not going to get it,,, I was seeing a professional doctor paying out good money
Answered by Dr. Shubham Mehta 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Celexa may take 1-2 more weeks to show effect.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Welcome to HCM.
I can understand your concerns.

You are taking a number of drugs and recently started celexa.

The main problem is getting agitated and screaming at your husband and crying a lot.

Since it has only been 8 days with celexa, You should wait for 1-2 more weeks for drug to show its full effect.

Estradiol can also cause mood swings and has interactions with celexa (and other antidepressants). This may also cause some delay in onset of effect of celexa.

I would also suggest you to practice relaxation exercises like deep breathing and meditation to keep yourself calm.

Keep in regular follow up with your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Feel free to ask further.
Thanks.
Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatrist