Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

Suggest medication for severe constipation

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1614 Questions
Hi, I m facing problm with the motions from 4 dayz..itz very hard nd I even consultd the doctr nd taking the medices regulary but there is no improvement..I do not prefer for Enema so please suggest me any good medicine or syrup to get motion freely..
Thank you in advance.
Fri, 18 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:

What medicines are prescribed by your doctor currently?
I suggest to take 15ml of Syrup LACTIHEP, before bed time every day for 5 days. You have to increase water intake as this may cause dehydration.
Switch to whole grains like brown rice, whole wheat bread, more vegetables per day and two fruit per day.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest medication for severe constipation 1 hour later
Thank you so much..I will give a try and will follow up on it.
Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 18 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please close and rate the answer

Detailed Answer:
Sure let me know if you need further help. If you do not have any more questions pleaase close and rate
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor