Suggest medication for seborrhoeic dermatitis
Management of seborrhoeic dermatitis below
Thanks for being at healthcare magic
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to use ketoconazole containing shampoo twice weekly and gradually tapering it to once weekly and then once in a fortnight once improvement is noticed.
Along with this I recommend my patients to apply lotion containing clotrimazole beclomethasone combination on the affected areas of the scalp twice daily till the spots subside and antihistaminic like tablet levocetrizine 5 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
These are prescription medicines and you need to consult a dermatologist in person to get them.
Seborrhoeic dermatitis is a chronic disease and treatment needs to be continued for a long time.
I hope to have answered your query and would be happy to clarify any further doubts.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the ayurvedic medication for seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis of the scalp
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis and oxytetracycline
- What do you suggest for seborrhoeic dermatitis of scalp
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis and hyperthyrodism
- Incessant crying seborrhoeic dermatitis
- Seborrhoeic_dermatitis and ozone
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis cream
- Seborrhoeic dermatitis face
- Drugs/medication for Seborrhoeic dermatitis