Suggest medication for rashes near a newborn's anus
Apply zinc oxide based cream
Thanks for asking on this platform
I have seen the attached images. The most common cause of perianal rash in this age is diaper dermatitis. Other less common cause is transient lactose intolerance. Infetion is further less commoner cause.
To me it appears to be diaper dermatitis. There is no reducing substance in stool which is against the diagnosis of transient lactose intolerance. 4-6 pus cells in stool is also not a significant finding.
Applying Zinc oxide based creams like Rashfree helps in decreasing the inflammation and accelerates the healing of skin.Apply this cream at least 3-4 times a day. Keep the area dry and avoid rubbing while cleaning.
Just check if diaper absorption quality is good or not. The undersurface should not be wet after passing urine. Switching to a diaper of different brand with better absorptive capacity helps in such cases.
I hope with these measures the redness will subside.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What is the suggested medication for tissue from anus
- Suggest medication for liquid coming out of anus
- Medications stop mucus from anus
- Drugs/medication for anus infection
- Medical condition for extra anus
- Suggest medication for skin rashes
- Drugs/medication for imperforate anus
- Drugs/medication for anus irritation
- Need medication for itching on the skin near anus
- Suggest medication for swollen redblue lump on the anus
- What are the symptoms of poisoning in a child?
- Suggest treatment for severe cough and fever in a child
- What causes cough, fasciculation, nasal congestion and fever?
- Can an infant be fed with castor oil to cure colic?
- What causes painful red blisters on tonsils?
- Suggest remedy for neck swelling in a child
- Suggest remedy for constipation in children
- Suggest remedy for persistent dry cough and cold in a child
- Suggest remedy for severe fever and cough in a child
- Suggest remedy for headache, dizziness and vomiting