Suggest medication for rashes between the legs

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 3 Apr 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: i started a new job and its in a hot kitchen so im sweating now i have a huge rash betweent my legs and thighs can barly walk i bought cortate cream and canastian cream was jusr checking some pills i have here to see if it would clear this up any faster
i have amoxicillin and cephalexin here will one of those work
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infectuon. Use just topical antifungal

Detailed Answer:
Heo. Thank you for writing to us

I am dr.kakkar (dermatologist).
I have gone through your query abd I have noted your concern.

You seem to have developed fungal infection of groin and inner thigh region. Sweating, heat and humidity are predisposing factors.

I suggest you to use just canesten cream, twice daily. Cortrate cream is a topical steroid and it would infact prolong the infection. There is really no need for oral antibiotics as this condition is due to dermatophytes, which is a fungus. Infact an oral antifungal e.g fluconazole would be great in your case in addition to topical canesten.

In addition to canesten cream you may take a tablet of cetrizine once daily for symptomatic relief from itching.

General measures like change of work conditions like installing at least a fan or preferably an airconditioner, bathing twice or thrice daily daily with cool shower and using cotton clothes and cotton undergarments are a must.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D