Suggest medication for psoriasis

Dr. Sassen S Kwasa

Posted on Mon, 2 Nov 2015 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: My uncle have been sick of psoriasis since 1998, so far he used Hydrocodone. It only comes and goes, what will you assign for him to use and does this have a permanent cure?

Answered by Dr. Sassen S Kwasa 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
He needs to see a Rheumatologist or dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Welcome back to HCM. Please note that hydrocodone is not treatment for psoriasis, he needs a specific therapy including tar, petroleum jelly, and for severe psoriasis he will need prescription biologics. The hydrocodone is for pain and this will not treat the underlying condition, if anything maybe anti inflammatory like Ibuprofen, will help more that the hydrocodone. Steroid topical creams also provide some relief. I hope this helps and good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D